Financial and Development Assistant
Website Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
Financial and Development Assistant
The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (CCPA) is Canada’s leading progressive research institute, focusing on issues of social, economic and environmental justice. The CCPA’s BC Office, located in Downtown Vancouver, is currently recruiting a Financial and Development Assistant.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 11:59 PM
Duration: This is a one-year term position (with a high likelihood of continuation), 0.6 time (3 days/week)
Salary: The full-time equivalent starting salary is $46,567 ($27,940 at 0.6 time). The CCPA is a unionized workplace with a seven-step grid, excellent holidays, a pension plan, and a generous benefits package that includes employer-paid extended health insurance for part-time employees.
Applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds are welcome.
The Financial and Development Assistant is responsible for administering and coordinating various financial and development functions, including:
- Day-to-day cheques and electronic banking;
- Coding all income, invoices Visa receipts, and statements;
- Maintaining general ledgers and monthly financial statements tracking variances with budget;
- Payroll instructions and reconciliation;
- Assisting with accounts payable, accounts receivables and data entry;
- Preparing for the annual audit and responding to queries from the auditors;
- Preparing and running general and specific donor reports as requested;
- Assisting in data analysis from the donor database;
- Assisting in coordination of internal and external events; and
- Organizing an annual fundraising gala.
Note: The CCPA’s financial statements are prepared by a bookkeeper at our National Office in Ottawa; this position will liaise with the National Office’s bookkeeper.
Qualifications and skills
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational and time management skills, and excellent attention to detail;
- Diploma or Certificate (or equivalent experience) in Office Administration, Accounting Support or related field;
- Experience in relational database software (experience in NationBuilder and/or DonorPerfect is an asset);
- Excellent financial management skills (including ability to manage budget spreadsheets and to oversee daily financial transactions);
- Ability to work well in a team environment and contribute to a positive office culture;
- Experience working with a non-profit organization is desirable.
This job is for you if you share the CCPA’s commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, and are looking for a job that lets you contribute to progressive social change.
Submit a 1–2 page cover letter and resume (including references) as a single PDF document with your last name in the filename to: https://www.dropbox.com/request/vT8F1mGm81uzz9l3Dgub
If you run into problems with the file upload or require additional clarification, please contact Mariwan Jaaf, Director of Operations and Finance, at email@example.com (no phone calls please).
Deadline for applications is Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
About the CCPA
The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives is an independent, non-partisan research institute concerned with issues of social, economic and environmental justice. Founded in 1980, the CCPA is one of Canada’s leading progressive voices in public policy debates. The CCPA’s BC Office was established in 1997. The CCPA is a non-profit charitable organization. Our largest source of revenue is individual donations.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.dropbox.com/request/vT8F1mGm81uzz9l3Dgub →
Latincouver's Operations Manager