Snow Sport Instructor Seasonal – Full Time
We are currently looking to hire Spanish speaking ski instructors for the 2017/18 winter season!
Our Mission statement is the very essence of why we’re here – a compelling statement that defines our reason to be here each day:
“To create memories as the best mountain experience again and again.”
Why you’ll love working in Ski and Snowboard School:
- The largest ski and snowboard school in Canada – more than 1000 instructors from all over the world!
- State of the art facilities for teaching children
- Exceptional personal training opportunities with the best trainers in Canada
- Potential for earning more dollars than at any other ski school in the country
- Scholarship program for professional development
Position Status for Snow Sport Instructor:
Seasonal Full Time (Winter Season) => 4-5 days/week (~20-40 hours), plus extra during peak times
You will be responsible for providing a fun and memorable learning experience for children aged 3 -17 years old. You may also be required to teach adults at times as well.
Rate of pay: Your rate of pay will be calculated after review of your instructor certification, seasons of teaching and additional relevant experience. This is subject to validation of official documents in support of these items upon your arrival at The Welcome Centre. An instructor with a CSIA/CASI level 2 (Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance/Canadian Association Snowboard Instructors-or foreign equivalent) and 2 years of full time teaching experience you will make a minimum of $14.00/hour CAD to $35.00/hour CAD.
Location: Whistler, British Colombia
What you’ll be doing:
- To continually strive to exceed our Guest’s expectations and to create memories for guests and staff as the best mountain experience again and again.
- To supervise a group of children for the day on Whistler or Blackcomb Mountain in a variety of activities including instruction, safety, lunch and special events.
- To perform morning registration and afternoon clean up duties as assigned.
- To be familiar with all Ski and Snowboard School programs, prices and lesson times, in order to be a source of information to our guests.
- To provide written and verbal communication on each child’s day to their parents at the completion of each lesson.
- To follow the guidelines and safety rules as outlined in the Safety Manual
To be responsible for the physical, mental and emotional needs of all children in your care
- To act as a prudent parent in the absence of the child’s parent.
- To attend all mandatory training sessions.
- Minimum Level 2 CSIA or Level 2 CASI or foreign equivalent
CSIA Teaching Children Module or foreign equivalent (strongly recommended)
- 2 Full Time Seasons (a total of minimum 500 hours ski instructing experience)
- Previous experience working with children
- Ability to work independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to have a whole lot of fun!!!
- Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the Best, and showing that We Care
- Required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check certificate upon check-in (valid within 18 months of your start date)
Should you suffer an injury arising out of and in the course of employment at Whistler Blackcomb, and should the nature of the injury prevent you from executing the physical requirements of your regular duties, you will be assigned modified duties as per Whistler Blackcomb’s Return to Work Program. In the event that the injury is such that you are unable to undertake any modified duties, you may be eligible to receive wage loss benefits which are determined by WorkSafeBC.
How to Apply: https://secure.whistlerblackcomb.com/ats/fairjobs.aspx