- This event has passed.
Latin American Female Writers Assembly
October 21 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Date: October 21nd
Place & time: Online 5:30pm
Length: 1:45 hours
Latin American female writers read a chapter, poem or short story for the audience of Latincouver’s channels and social media while also telling a brief story of their work, challenges and accomplishments as a female writer abroad.
Who should attend?
every person who feels interested about literature, writing and hearing some wonderful stories of hardworking women who’ve achieved international recognition in this field. Also, If you ever wondered if you had what it takes to be a writer, these female writers will give you the confidence you need to get started on it.
Line Up & Agenda:
- 5:30pm – Opening by host Silvana Goldemberg
- 5:35pm – Latincouver’s introduction and welcoming.
- 5:40pm – Davina A. Ferreira will be sharing with us her poem “My accent“
- 5:55pm – Claudia Salazar Jimenez – Her debut novel, “Blood of the Dawn” (Deep Vellum), was awarded the Las Americas Narrative Prize.
- 6:10pm – Lidice Megla – will share with us a segment of her book of poems “Tu La Bestia” This book is dedicated to the Beast in every broken woman who mends herself with the impetuous thread of her own voice.
- 6:25pm – Discussion
- 6:30pm – Esther Frid will share with us her book ‘The Sunset of Life’, which brings together the testimony of seven immigrant Latin American women from countries such as El Salvador, Chile and Mexico, and whose stories are an example for the new generations.
- 6:45pm – Silvana Goldemberg – She will be reading the first chapter of her 2013 Tradewind young-adult book Victoria. This book was a finalist for the Sheila A. Egoff Children’s Literature BC Book Prize.
- 7:00pm – Q&A with the public and agenda for upcoming events.