Canada’s diverse landscape, rich cultures and growing economy attract millions of tourists and business visitors every year. Come to Canada and see for yourself what this country has to offer!
Before coming to Canada as a visitor, it is important to look into the requirements to visit. While some foreign nationals can travel to Canada with their passport and details of their visit, others may require a Temporary Resident Visa (sometimes referred to as Visitor Visa). The requirement for the Temporary Resident Visa depends on your country of nationality and the reason for your visit.


Temporary Resident Visa

A Temporary Resident Visa is a travel document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada that allows you to travel to Canada. It can be issued for a single entry or multiple entries to Canada.
You normally must apply for the Temporary Resident Visa while outside of Canada, at the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate to where you reside. Approvals can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks to obtain, so apply early. Also, be careful paying for flights, tours and hotels before receiving your Temporary Resident Visa just in case there are delays to your application or you are refused. If you are refused, you can always re-apply if you have additional evidence or support For more information on whether you need a visa or are visa-exempt, please see Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s list of Countries whose citizens require the visa:

Read More ...

IEC Working Holiday Visa

International Experience Canada (IEC) is a working holiday visa in Canada program. It allows people from many different countries under 35 years of age to work in Canada for a temporary period. Citizens of some countries are eligible for two back-to-back one year periods. Consult this list of participating countries to see if your country of origin has an agreement for the working holiday visa in Canada, and click on the country or territory name.

Read More ...

Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada must usually get before hiring a foreign worker. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian worker can do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a Confirmation letter.

Read More ...

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

It is an immigration category that allows foreign workers or recently graduated international students working in Canada to apply for permanent residence.
As of January 2nd 2013, Canadian Experience Class (CEC) announced a change to reduce the required amount of Canadian work experience from 24 months to 12 months. This will allow foreign workers to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency sooner.

Read More ...

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is for immigrants to Canada who are selected as permanent residents based on their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Read More ...

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

It is a program that allows provinces and territories to nominate candidates for immigration to Canada.

Read More ...

Family class

It is an immigration category that includes any family members sponsored to come to Canada by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Read More ...

Express Entry

As of January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence under certain economic immigration programs.
The Express Entry system is the first step to immigrate to Canada under these programs. Potential candidates can complete an Express Entry profile at any time. Note that there is no deadline to complete a profile and there are no caps on the number of candidates that will be accepted to the pool.
Anyone who is accepted into the Express Entry pool could get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. Rounds of invitations to invite candidates to apply will take place regularly over the course of each year. We will only pick the top ranking candidates no matter when they were accepted into the pool.

Read More ...

Disclaimer: The Latincouver Team are not registered immigration professionals. We always recommend verifying information provided with an immigration expert.