Website Latincouver Cultural & Business Society
We are a non-profit organization that brings together both Latin Americans and Latin enthusiasts living in BC. Latincouver is the modern-day plaza. With us, professional connections are made, and entrepreneurs get the help they need for their businesses to grow and succeed. Latincouver activities cover a variety of areas like business and culture, creating signature events tailored to connect and empower people. We believe in your dream, we have the platform for you to make it happen.
We are a non-profit organization that brings together both Latin Americans and Latin enthusiasts living in BC. Latincouver is the modern-day plaza. Our activities cover a variety of areas like business and culture, creating signature events tailored to connect and empower people.
Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, with prior experience delivering world-class events and festivals for thousands of attendees. The candidate must be experienced in event planning and logistics, experience in sales, marketing & advertisement, contract negotiation, security and safety will be a plus.
Organization and Planning
- Work with Company Leads to plan, develop and deliver projects and events of Latincouver according to the schedule
- Develop the project plan, budget, schedule of each project
- Track progress and efficiency of the project budget
- Plan Carnaval del Sol (CSOL) layouts as well as the other events, the entertainment program, scheduling workshops and demonstrations
- Work with the marketing team to create a brand for CSOL and oversee the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures, plus social media coverage;
- Make decisions about the schedule of events, the location of events, and the type of events for CSOL and other projects.
- Set program goals and participants, collaborate on marketing strategies and production plan, communicate program information with participants, sponsors, and partners
- Represent Latincouver and its interests, including the overall Latin American Week effort, in public appearances with media, including radio, print, and television.
- Build relationships in the public sector with representatives of the local government, provincial government, embassies and consulates of foreign countries, and more.
- Work on bringing new partners/ sponsors to Latincouver, work closely with Sales Specialist and Executive Director to achieve the company’s targets
- Make final decisions for the venues, suppliers, vendors, and promotional partnerships which includes sourcing leads, negotiating, and closing the primary deals for CSOL and other projects
- Secure acceptance & approval of deliverables from sponsors & stakeholders
- Be responsible for following internal organizational deadlines of project implementation, reporting on a monthly basis to the Board of Latincouver and its Director.
- Coordinate on-site execution of all events including set-up and tear-down
- Depending on the project organization of different facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media and liaison with the city of Vancouver.
- Apply for all the permits within deadlines as requested by projects
- Coordinate suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting before, during and post the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- Coordinate various departments of CSOL management team to meet project objectives and deadlines
- Work with suppliers / service providers as requested. Attend meetings with suppliers / service providers as appropriate
- Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for all Carnaval del Sol event stakeholders).
- Final report for the events within up to 3 weeks after
- Supervise and lead a team of up to 50 part-time team members and up to 300 festival volunteers.
- Work together with the Human Resources manager to recruit volunteers
- Assist with the running and supervision of Carnaval del Sol management team and volunteers
- University or college degree in event planning, communications, public relations, marketing or other relevant discipline supplemented by formal business training
- 2-5 years experience in event planning or project management
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with flexibility, energy and commitment
- Self-motivated, reliable and with an enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to speak confidently and with authority to large groups of people
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work towards deadlines
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to perform well under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and recognize changing priorities
- Ability to take responsibility and make independent decisions
- Ability to work cooperatively and to coordinate with a variety of individuals both within and outside the organization in a supportive and efficient team environment
- Cross-cultural competence and sensitivity
- Knowledge of Latin American Culture is a must
- Spanish or Portuguese is an advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Expand your professional contacts through Latincouver`s rich network
- Be part of a fun professional team
- Be part of major events in Vancouver for Latin American Community including Carnaval del Sol, Latin American Week and Latin American Heritage month
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org