Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator
Latincouver Cultural & Business Society – Vancouver, BC
(Contractor, May -August 2020)
Start date – May 1, 2020
The HR Coordinator works closely with all departments for recruitment of staff and volunteers – this includes the development of job descriptions, preparation of ads, application forms, shortlists, interviews and selection of candidates.
HR Coordinator will focus on coordination of work of volunteers before and during CSOL
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff and volunteers.
- Connect with past and current volunteers and link them together for further support and resources.
- Organize campaign for calling for volunteers for CSOL, post all positions online
- Work with applications and organize schedules of the volunteers at the events during May-August 2020
- Keep organizational chart up to date
- Maintain team member`s database (birthdays, contact info, etc.)
- Manage Latincouver volunteer group on Facebook to keep volunteers connected
- Recruit and intake volunteers according to the hiring plan for 2020 for Carnaval del Sol (CSOL)
- Research and participate in community recruitment opportunities
- Establish partnerships with a variety of community groups to ensure a diverse volunteer base
- Coordinate and implement information sessions for potential volunteers
- Create volunteer packages and deliver proper communications.
- Ensure all volunteers receive appropriate orientation before CSOL
- Provide welcome package, and training to all Volunteers & Contractors (Onboarding)
- Send out all certificates of appreciation to all volunteers after CSOL
- Reference Letters and evaluations
- Launch survey to identify satisfaction rate of volunteers at CSOL
- Prepare post-event HR report for CSOL
- Monitor volunteers and contractors, providing feedback on performance
- Save and update volunteers information on Google Drive and Infusionsoft
- Keep updated the Human resources Manual, to ensure that all basic procedures will be clear, consistent and actualized
- Manage Canada Summer Job 2020 project
- Initiate, plan, organize team-building activities for team-members and volunteers of CSOL
Skills and Requirements
- Relevant experience in the same or similar role is an asset.
- University degree or equivalent combination of experience and education in a relevant field.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with ethnically and socially diverse volunteers and co-workers in a non-profit context.
- Knowledge of HR, leadership, psychology, non-profit management, social media, and marketing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Oral and written proficiency in a second language reflective of the Latincouver community (such as Spanish and/or Portuguese) is an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Drive, Internet, MailChimp, and social media platforms.
- Expand your professional contacts through Latincouver’s rich network
- Feedback on your learning progress
- Be part of a fun professional staff team
- Learn new skills and practice English
How to Apply
Send your resume to the email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application on our website